PDA

View Full Version : Young Elephant's disapproval

Steve Kaluski
04-23-2018, 05:20 AM
This young Elephant was not happy and decided to show his disapproval, shot late afternoon in the nice warm Botswana sun.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Young Elephant's disapproval
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/1600s at f/8 ISO2500
Original format: Portrait, very slight crop from the top
Processed via: LR Classic CC & PSCC2018

Rachel Hollander
04-23-2018, 05:56 AM
Hi Steve - The light is sweet but the content isn't working for me as posted. Sorry! I find it sort of "in between." I either want more of a close up of the head and trunk or it zoomed out, and the comp shifted down to include the legs. Since you were at 400mm, I think I would have tried zooming out. I also might have tried to move to the right to avoid the tree in the bg rising out of the body, but not sure if that is possible. Techs and pp, of course, look good.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
04-23-2018, 06:22 AM
I can go closer in Rachel as I have the pixels no problem, but I liked the idea of retaining some of the habitat. No chance off zooming out as this was an unpredicted action, he was just strolling, then turned and displayed his thoughts. The jeep was stationary so again, no chance of moving as I had planned to shoot after the tree, but as you know, it's hard to avoid natures environment.

keith mitchell
04-23-2018, 07:33 AM
Steve I see your point re getting some of the habitat into the shot but Like Rachel I'm not sure,think with my lack of knowledge of Elephants can't really offer any suggestions,the qaulity of the skin texture ie super.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
04-23-2018, 11:37 AM
Going tighter, but for me it loosing a lot...

Rachel Hollander
04-23-2018, 11:39 AM
Steve - I much prefer the tighter comp.

Rachel

keith mitchell
04-23-2018, 02:07 PM
This one for me Steve.