PDA

View Full Version : Theme Whip Coral Goby

Mike Poole
04-14-2018, 10:42 AM

A tiny whip coral goby found hanging around the Maldives (sounds a perfect life to me!)

Another old frame, so the old setup of

Canon 7d in a Subal housing
60mm macro
1/50th f11
ISO 100
twin Inon z-240 strobes

Mike

keith mitchell
04-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Mike I always marvel how you get such great underwater images,colour and detail is fabulous.looked long and hard and can't find anything that I would change.

Keith.

Jonathan Ashton
04-15-2018, 02:55 AM
Mike this one really pops, I like it very much. The fish is shown in great detail. What is the fish on? Are those little tentacle jobbies anenomies or is it one tentacle of a larger anenome?

Rachel Hollander
04-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Hi Mike - Love the vibrance and deep colors of this one. I could see an alternate version that is a tighter pano, losing about 2/3 of the space above and half of the space below. It seems it is paying off for you to revisit some of your older images.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
04-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Hi Mike -- This looks fabulous , loved the colours and the details , superbly done . TFS !

Mike Poole
04-15-2018, 12:35 PM
Mike this one really pops, I like it very much. The fish is shown in great detail. What is the fish on? Are those little tentacle jobbies anenomies or is it one tentacle of a larger anenome?

Cheers Jon, this is a strand of hard coral called a whip coral, all the little white parts are part of the same singular structure

Mike

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-15-2018, 12:42 PM
Beautiful image Mike. Love the colours, details & exposure.

Stuart Philpott
04-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Another belter Mike!! There i something about the colours in your UW images that speaks to me,it's the vibrance I think,I'm not sure really they just grab me time after time.

I quite like Rachel's idea of the plano. Bar that nowt to change for me

TFS

Stu

Gabriela Plesea
04-17-2018, 01:41 PM
This is superb, Mike. Such striking colours!

Love the almost transparent little goby as well as the whip coral and its little "protrusions".

Wonderful detail, nicely composed too. Rachel's idea sounds great though, I would try it:w3

Your underwater images are just awesome:cheers:

Kind regards,