PDA

View Full Version : Finch on Hummers feeder

Bernie Howe
06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
I just happened to catch this guy while taking pictures of the guys replastering our swimming pool, it was late in the evening and I cropped it about 50%. F5.6 1/250 at iso400 and 300mm.

I need to learn how to control my noise better PP or while shooting..(settings etc.) I only have elements6 and no noise program..

Like I said before I am a newbe, SLR since begining of the year, and elements for only 1-1/2 months.

Alfred Forns
06-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi Bernie Doing great in such a short time !!!!

If you are using a reasonable ISO like here, noise will probably be from underexposure. Any time you have to lighten an image it will get noisier Do check histogram and make sure its exposed properly.

Here the main problem it the crop !!! Which 300 lens do you have? Both Canon and Nikon 300s work great with a 1.4X Also try working your way closer to the little guys !!!

I like the bold colors, bird placement and selected bg !!! Exposure seems very good Just the cropping making you loose quality !!! I like it a lot very appealing image !!!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Great image Bernie. Like the placement of the bird and the background. Welcome to the BPN family!!!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
06-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Welcome Bernie! Agree as above - sweet image!