PDA

View Full Version : Booted Warbler

Somdeb Biswas
04-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Booted Warbler
This Warbler shot was taken in the winter morning light. It gave me only a few seconds on this open perch. I was lucky that day as the Sp. is too fidgety and seldom I have seen it on an open perch.

(Nikon D500, 500F4 G ED VR, 1.4 TCIII) Exposure Time - 1/2500 seconds, F – 7.1, Exposure Program - Aperture priority, ISO – 400, Exposure Bias Value - -0.33, Metering- Spot, White Balance – Sunny, Focus Mode - AF-C

I appreciate all critiques.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR VIEWING & INPUTS.

John Mack
04-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Nice bird,nice perch,nice background. The details look good.

Isaac Grant
04-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Great job on getting one of these guys in the open. I like the perch very much with the little buds coming out. Beautiful background. Details are good as well. I did a quick version where I added a few points of black and reduced the mid tones in levels. In addition I moved the bird over in the frame. As presented I feel it is too far to the right in the frame and too centered. The colors become more intense when you add a few points of black (+3) and reduce the mid tones a few points (97). Then I upped the brightness +3. That is it. I think the change is subtle but makes a difference. These birds are very dull and not showy at all. I think that tiny bit of extra punch to the shot adds some interest.

Somdeb Biswas
04-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Thanks a ton, Isaac Grant. Yes, your input added extra punch to the shot. The background was a dried up paddy field - it helped me to get the BG color. I cloned out some distracting twigs to the lower right part. Thanks for the framing tip too.

with warm regards,
Somdeb.

Dorian Anderson
04-03-2018, 09:05 AM
This is really nice, and it;s probable a very difficult bird to get out in the open. Details and composition are lovely. Boosted version as Isaac suggested helps it pop.