PDA

View Full Version : Seal

Roman Kurywczak
06-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Been going through some of my older drum scans and re-working them. This was taken at Pemaquid Lighthouse on the rocky shoreline. This little guy seemed to be lost/alone. I did use a flash on a few other images........but my scanner is down. Looks like he is waving........not sure exxactly what he was doing. Slide scan from E100VS film and the Canon 1N and the 100-400mm lens. No other specs. Hey! ........it was film...who wrote anything down??? I contemplated adding a catchlight but felt the eye was bright enough.
As always, comments welcomed and appreciated.

Alfred Forns
06-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Impressive scan Roman !!! Neat having a drum scanner !!!

Love the setting and pose Stands out so well Don't mind the eye as presented Excellent overall feel !!!

Roman Kurywczak
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Alfred,
The drum scanner isn't mine..........B4 the coolscan........I $$$$$ paid for them! Boy..........a drum scanner would be great!
Got to lok into it!
thanks fo rthe kind words!

Axel Hildebrandt
06-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Great pose and setting. I've never seen a drum scanner, the result looks very good, though!

Fabs Forns
06-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Hehehe, love the waving pose, they do that well.

Steve Canuel
06-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey Roman,
With the backside seaweed all laying in the same direction and the pose he's struck, he looks like he's fighting to stay put in a strong wind. I like the color feel/mood of this image.
Steve