PDA

View Full Version : Tri-colored Heron

Joseph Przybyla
03-24-2018, 02:14 PM
I found this Tri-colored Heron dip fishing at Circle B Bar Reserve yesterday evening. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 230mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Highlight Metering EV 0 ISO 280, camera mounted on a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018, cleaned up the background
Cropped for composition and presentation

Glenn Pure
03-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Great looking bird, Joe and the prey really adds. You have great detail where it matters around the head and neck and I quite like the bit of blur on the wing tips. Can't comment on colour except that the water looks an unusual shade of blue. Nice tonal range on the bird too. I was wondering about your composition and am guessing that you wanted to keep the 'slash' in the water behind the bird where it presumably struck and got its catch?

Joseph Przybyla
03-24-2018, 10:00 PM
Great looking bird, Joe and the prey really adds. You have great detail where it matters around the head and neck and I quite like the bit of blur on the wing tips. Can't comment on colour except that the water looks an unusual shade of blue. Nice tonal range on the bird too. I was wondering about your composition and am guessing that you wanted to keep the 'slash' in the water behind the bird where it presumably struck and got its catch?

Glenn, thank you for viewing and commenting. The white balance was off in the original image posted. I think this is better.

Tobie Schalkwyk
03-25-2018, 08:35 AM
I love the sharpness around the neck & head, Joe! Perhaps a touch over saturated but it still works for me!

Daniel Cadieux
03-25-2018, 10:12 AM
I do fing the blues rather strong in both versions, but the heron looks great. Nice bonus fish as it flies away too!

arash_hazeghi
03-26-2018, 01:44 AM
love the light, details and the wing position. I would also warmer and desatuarte the colors a bit as pointed above

TFS

Joseph Przybyla
03-31-2018, 05:55 PM
Finally able to get back to BPN. Here is a repost reflecting the suggestions that were made. Thanks everyone, very much appreciated.