PDA

View Full Version : Snow Goose at Sunrise.

Krishna Prasad kotti
03-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Another Image from Bosque Take Last Year.

It was nice Sunrise at Main Pond and I was really happy with the sky colors. I wish the bird was a bit more to the left but I caught this one coming in Late.

Nikon D500, 500mm f/4
ISO 800, f/5.6, 1/30 sec
Shutter Priority, +1 EV

Based on histogram I should have been with +1 2/3 EV

Post processing:-

Exposure changes. Brightened the bird a little.
Little Crop to get Bird off center.
Luminar to add more structure on the clouds.
Noise Reduction with Neat Image
Sharpening.

Hope You like it.

Thanks for watching.

Thanks
Krishna

Glenn Pure
03-21-2018, 12:48 AM
I'm enjoying this series Krishna. Very nice work on this one with the bird's body pretty sharp but the wings blurred. Of course, the sky is beautiful and really sets this one off. I know you probably want as much of that sky in as possible but I'd be tempted to take a bit off the bottom and maybe a whisker off the top. Thanks for sharing.

Stu Bowie
03-21-2018, 02:29 AM
Hi Krishna, as with your previous post, this works for me again, and I like the clouds shaped as OOF waves.

John Mack
03-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Very nice color in the sky. Pretty neat blur as well.

Daniel Cadieux
03-21-2018, 03:48 PM
Great colours, I agree, but I wish the goose was more in the lower right corner for compositional balance. The cloud streaks above add lots of interest.

Mike Poole
03-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Fantastic colours, and although blurs are not my thing, this one works well. Only little nit pick from me would to remove the halo form the underside of the bird

Mike

Krishna Prasad kotti
03-22-2018, 11:11 AM
For the Halo, I inspected it closely, it the combination of cloud and wing blur which seems like Halo.

I wanted to crop it more for composition but the sky was so good that I left it. I might do it latter as I have few more shots in which the bird is not as sharp but the wings blur are much nicer.

Thank you all for the comments.

Mike Poole
03-22-2018, 11:17 AM
The halo has been caused either by over sharpening or compression to fit the size requirements for here. 60 secs with the clone tool gets rid of it

Mike