PDA

View Full Version : breeding black-crowned night heron

annmpacheco
03-13-2018, 06:14 PM
I had just adjusted my settings as the sun was rising, when this handsome guy flew past me. The BG are the trees across from the waster. The legs are a bright pink during breeding season compared to the usual yellow/green colors otherwise.
Levels, sharpened, NR, lifted shadows. After uploading, I notice noise under the heron's left wing...
1Dx
600mm

ISO 1600
f 4.5
1/1600

Dorian Anderson
03-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Good sharp focus on the eye and nice wing pose. Noise is a bit of an issue. Bird actually falls in an OK location with
respect to the background spots, and I think it works decently as a result.

David Salem
03-14-2018, 12:25 AM
Good critique by Dorian. Pretty much agree with everything, especially the nice sharp focus on the head. Looks like he broke his left leg somewhere along the way. Well done Ann

gail bisson
03-14-2018, 05:07 AM
I love this image. IQ is excellent and the incoming flight pose rocks.
These types of BG's can be very tricky but for some reason this really works well.
The trailing head feather and "wing flaps"up are wonderful.
Noise issue is very minor and to tell the truth, I probably would not have noticed if you and the others had not mentioned it.Easy peasy fix.
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
03-14-2018, 07:42 AM
You nailed this one, Ann. No nits from me, thank you for sharing.

Isaac Grant
03-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Very pretty shot Ann. Noise will be fixed in a second. The rest is great. Love the out stretched wings and the feet waiting for landing. I still don't have a proper image of one of these guys so I am a little jealous of this one.

Arthur Morris
03-19-2018, 04:41 PM
Wow, is this one ever sharp. And beautiful. The eye rocks! Where in the world?

with love, artie

annmpacheco
03-19-2018, 06:09 PM
Wow, is this one ever sharp. And beautiful. The eye rocks! Where in the world?

with love, artie

Thanks Artie, Venice Rookery last year.

Arthur Morris
03-19-2018, 06:25 PM
Thanks Ann. That would have been my first guess :)

a