PDA

View Full Version : Viceroy

Joseph Przybyla
03-13-2018, 12:07 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/500 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 560 AWB HH
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018
Cropped for composition and presentation

Steve Maxson
03-16-2018, 07:35 PM
The butterfly is posing nicely for you in soft light and you have good sharpness throughout! The leaf in the lower left is a bit distracting, but not a deal breaker. The butterfly is showing some wear and tear on its wings - this could be "repaired" with some careful cloning if you are OK with that. Very nicely done!

Jonathan Ashton
03-23-2018, 07:05 AM
Jo, good plane of focus, I think the butterfly could reveal greater detail, I have deliberately overcooked this a little to show you what I mean but it does reveal more detail. If you apply a little Dehaze filter selectively to the butterfly I think it would help. I would suggest set the brush to about 10, but be careful not to make the blacks too dense.

Randy Stout
03-24-2018, 05:46 PM
Joe:

Really like the leaves he is perched on, the matching pattern to his wings. Soft background, just a sliver dark on my monitor. Nice work by Jon to give it a bit more snap.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
03-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Jo, good plane of focus, I think the butterfly could reveal greater detail, I have deliberately overcooked this a little to show you what I mean but it does reveal more detail. If you apply a little Dehaze filter selectively to the butterfly I think it would help. I would suggest set the brush to about 10, but be careful not to make the blacks too dense.

Thanks Jon, I'll go back to the image and give it a try.

Joseph Przybyla
03-31-2018, 05:51 PM
Here is what I think is the final. I cleaned up and fixed a couple tears in the wings and used the dehaze filter as Jon suggested.

Steve Maxson
04-01-2018, 10:48 PM
A very nice job of tweaking this image! :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
04-02-2018, 03:50 AM
Looks good Jo, (dehaze is also good to use on water as well as skies and mountains...but it can easily be overdone).