PDA

View Full Version : Red-crested pochard in last light

Debapratim Saha
03-12-2018, 10:07 AM
We get only a few days having such great light at the day end and was lucky I could use one opportunity,Thanks for looking,your valuable inputs are welcome.
Canon7DII,500mm,f5,1/2500s,ISO 1250,HH .

Bill Dix
03-12-2018, 10:20 AM
Looks like you were in the right place at the right time, and with the requisite skills to capture a beauty of a flight shot. Great down-wing flight position. Some of the whites on the wing are pretty close to being toasted, but you might be able to tone those areas down without turning them grey. Very nicely done.

arash_hazeghi
03-12-2018, 11:17 AM
love the wing position and the BG, but the bird is soft and grainy. looks like the RAW was not sharp here

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
03-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Lovely shot, I suspect Arash is right but I would suggest a 1200px image may look better (a little more forgiving at that size) also lower contrast a tiny bit.

gail bisson
03-12-2018, 12:34 PM
On my, the light is "to die for".
Love everything about this- the wing position, the dramatic lighting, the comp and the beautiful BG.
I agree that I would rework in PP and tame the brightest whites and I would sharpen the head a bit more.
I might take a bit off the bottom and clone out the smudges but certainly not a big deal.
Bird does not look grainy on my monitor.
Well done,
gail

Arthur Morris
03-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Debapratim, I really love the wing position and that the head is perfectly square to the back of the camera. Sometimes, toning down the seemingly gorgeous (too red) light is a good option as it tends to leave the WHITEs over-exposed or close to it and can wreck fine detail. For the re-post I simply pulled down the RED saturation.

The image is too small. 1920 wide less than 600 kb is the new limit.

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
03-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Great light and parallel flight path! Beautiful BG too.

Isaac Grant
03-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Wing position is very nice. As is the background. I agree that the bird does not look tack sharp. The repost looks better but I still think the bird is too yellow.

Debapratim Saha
03-13-2018, 09:25 AM
Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions to improve pp of the image.