PDA

View Full Version : DC Cormorant in coming

Jay Ing
03-09-2018, 11:46 PM
DC Cormorant from Circle B Bar Ranch in Florida. Captured a few of this one coming in. Pushed his Jr. right off his perch in the end. Quite a stinker.

Nikon D850, Nikon 300 PF f4 with 1.4 TC, 1/3200, 6.3, ISO 640, HH, C1P raw, PS CCC 2018 adjust, crop, SS.

John Mack
03-10-2018, 06:57 AM
Nice pose on the bird. Love all the water drops. Like the two toned background.

gail bisson
03-10-2018, 07:49 AM
I am always bemused when I see nice images from Circle B ranch. I have been there 3-4 times and never gotten anything!The birding gods there do not like me!!:bg3:
Very nice incoming flight path. Tack sharp with a great symmetrical wing spread.The flared primaries and the perfect separation of the feet and splayed tail make the shot.
The only slight negative is the rather bright light creating that long shadow on the body. But, I do like the shadow of the bill on the tail!
If mine, I would clone out the 2 yellow grasses on the right of the frame.
Well done,
Gail

Debapratim Saha
03-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Excellent incoming landing shot, well exposed under wings and two toned bg is complementing the image.

annmpacheco
03-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Very nice Jay, incoming and i like the water splashes everywhere. Sharp, and BG I like, might suggest removing the bit of vegetation in LRS. Well done

John Whaley
03-11-2018, 11:50 AM
I like the incoming landing pose showing off all the feathers. The light blue background and water droplets add but I am finding the vegetation / water line distracting in that it appears out of level. I realize that if you level the water line the Cormorant will be out of level so maybe some where in between.