PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy shelduck

Debapratim Saha
03-08-2018, 07:14 AM
My first post....a flight against reeds at late afternoon of this winter,Canon 7DII,500mm f4,1/2500s,f5,ISO 1250,HH from county boat.
Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

Stu Bowie
03-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Hi Debapratim, joined 2009, and only posting your first image now - why have you taken so long with a shot like this. Great flight pose showing the full downstroke of the near wing, and I like that we can see a hint of the green sheen on the wing. Thats a killer BG too. Comp wise, I would take a bit off the top, and if it is in your ethics, I would 'remove' what looks like a piece of grass/reed from the face.

Please take time to post more images, as well as commenting on other images too.

annmpacheco
03-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Hello there, super nice in flight duck Debapratim, sharp, and killer bokeh, keep em coming! TFS

gail bisson
03-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Wow! What a great first image! Welcome and I had the same thought as Stu re: being a member for 8 years before posting!
Love the great BG and the soft colors within.
Perfect downstroke. Beautiful light and I like the grass that gives him "a moustache".
I would dodge the darker black line in front of the bird.
Beautiful image,
gail

Isaac Grant
03-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Welcome. Very pretty picture. You have a great wing position and a beautiful background. I agree with Gail about dodging the horizontal dark line in front of the bird. Also I think you could up the brightness a little and at the same time deepen the mid tones. It will make the bird stand out more. Would be a subtle change but I think make a big impact on the photo. Please post more as it is great to see birds from all over.

David Salem
03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Hey Deb!! Nice to see you posting over here. Looks fantastic and I really like the perfect pose and the smooth BG. Details and exposure look great too. I like the comp and don't mind the moss on the face. Well done

Bill Dix
03-08-2018, 01:33 PM
A beauty of a first post. Lovely light, great bg and wing position. Some good suggestions above. Looking forward to seeing more.

Krishna Prasad kotti
03-13-2018, 11:02 AM
Beautiful Flight Shot.

I love the wing position and beautiful Back ground.