PDA

View Full Version : moon and falcon

annmpacheco
03-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Last image of the day and I found myself doing the limbo so I could frame the waxing gibbous and showcase this handsome peregrine falcon.
PP Ps, levels, sharpening, NR

Canon 1Dx 840mm
ISO 1000
7 7.1
1/1000

Randy Stout
03-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Ann"

Striking image. I wasn't immediately sure about the lighting when I first glanced at it. The bird is sharp, interesting pose, late light on the bird contrasts with the whiter light of the moon.

In a perfect world, wish the vertical branch wasn't quite so dominate and close to the birds face. It does act as a framing element however. Just for fun, I might try removing the branch to see what it looks like without.

Very creative image, well seen and captured.

Cheers

Randy

Paul Burdett
03-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Ann: a beautiful image in every respect. Your website contains some inspirational bird images.

gail bisson
03-04-2018, 07:49 AM
I just love the light and the moon behind the falcon. Great in- camera composing.
I am not crazy about the high shooting angle (but I get that you had to do it to get the moon behind the bird) and it helps that the falcon is gazing downwards.
IQ and processing look good. Whites look good.
I am OK with the vertical branch and it would be extremely difficult to clone it out and get the moon fuzziness perfect.
All in all, a neat and different (in a good way) image.
Gail

William Dickson
03-04-2018, 10:04 AM
This is looking real good Ann. Lovely lighting and exposure. Beautiful details and colours throughout. Very well captured....I would clone out the OOF perch if it was mine. I am sure that would make a great image, even better.

Will

Arthur Morris
03-04-2018, 09:42 PM
You danced quite well...
with love, artie