PDA

View Full Version : mating peregrines

annmpacheco
02-28-2018, 04:54 PM
This is the season for mating and nest building. It was a cloudy afternoon and i had been watching the female perched on this snag along side the cliffs. She started to call for her mate and within seconds, he swooped in and landed gently atop her to copulate. I have the entire mere seconds photographed, 42 frames, and it is amazing their eye contact, their intimacy, and his thoughtful folding of his feet and sharp talons atop her back to be certain not to hurt her.
DPP, PS, levels, sharpening, NR, selective sharpening on heads...

1Dx
840mm
iso 2500
f6.3
ss1250

John Mack
02-28-2018, 06:57 PM
Nice capture. Sounds like your timing was perfect. I like the composition and the pose on both birds. Detail looks good as well.

arash_hazeghi
03-01-2018, 03:51 AM
lovely interaction frame!, great exposure, details and perfect processing for this one. as good as it gets

TFS

keith mitchell
03-01-2018, 04:21 AM
Excellent work here showing how the male bird puts his talons to the side to avoid hurting his mate,pose ,detail and iq all are great.Pleasure to view this image.

Keith.

Bill Dix
03-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Gorgeous capture, Ann. Both birds' eyes showing, wings up, great exposure. I never knew that about the talons. Well done!

gail bisson
03-01-2018, 10:44 AM
SOAS- Sex on a stick!
Your PP is absolutely excellent here Ann.
Great interaction, BG, whites look lovely.
I could see a comp with a sliver off the LHS and I might dodge the blackish vertical and horizontal lines line to left of birds.
Now, you just have to print it as an 6 foot x 8 foot for the ceiling above the bed!!!:bg3: Call it "boudoir art"!!
I love your new signature.
Gail

Stu Bowie
03-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Hi Ann, a lovely tender moment, and you have captured the 'action' perfectly. I like the soft light, great IQ, and the raised wings and turned head of the male rounds the image off so well. Killer clean BG too.

Alex Becker
03-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Really nice. The processing, capture, scene everything is lovely. The way the bird is tucking the talons is great. I like the perch and composition. One of the best peregrine frames I've seen IMO. TFS

Geoffrey Montagu
03-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Remarkable capture, Ann. Perfect exposure with beautiful IQ, finest detail, and lovely background.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

David Salem
03-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Very Cool Ann!! I agree, the PP work on this one is perfect. Couldn't have done any better myself. Great pose from the male with his wings up and his curled up feet showing well. The perch is really nice and makes the image that much better for me. Very well done

Arthur Morris
03-19-2018, 06:23 PM
A stunner. The whites of the male are luscious. I do that that you could open up the face of the female with some NIK DE and/or pulling up the curve a bit.

with love, artie