PDA

View Full Version : Another morning at the beach

Don Lacy
02-25-2018, 07:07 PM
and it never gets old. This is my first landscape shoot with the 5DMKIV so far I really like the camera it has a ton of detail and the ability to lighten the shadows will mean less work in PS this is a single image processed in DPP4 and PS.

Canon 5DMKIV, 16-35 f/4 at 16mm, .3s at f/16, evaluative Metered, Manual Mode, ISO 100

Don Railton
02-27-2018, 12:30 AM
Hi Don.

I do love your composition, and its nice to see that one image did not blow out the sky above the sun and still has detail in the sand... I feel the FG is a little dark however and the subject rock and surrounds are not drawing my eye as much as I would want anyway.. So I opted to have a play (And look a bit more closely at the 5D4 image because you know I am interested..) and came up with this variant which appealed more to my tastes anyway. Not sure if it would appeal to others more, interested to hear if anything is said..

Don

Don Lacy
02-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Looks good Don I can see why you wanted to foreground a little brighter I like both versions. If you want send me a PM and I will send you some Raw files to play with.