PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cub

Sabyasachi Patra
06-24-2008, 04:45 AM
I was waiting for the tiger cub to come out of the grassland and was waiting near a game trail. The tiger cub chose to walk on the game trail and came right towards me. Shot in Bandhavgarh National Park, India.

1/125, f8, 70-200 F2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, Shot at ISO 400 at 400mm. Canon 1D Mark II. This shot is full frame, not cropped.

Van Hilliard
06-24-2008, 06:40 AM
An appealing photo of a difficult situation. The directness of that gaze is riveting.
It's unfortunate that a blade of grass crosses his face at the edge of his eye but that's nature and is not a major point. In post-processing, I would try to tone down the light spot on the right ear (from our perspective). Overall, I really like the photograph. I tried various crops and concluded that I liked your full-frame image and the natural setting it provides.

Alfred Forns
06-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Would brighten the tiger up just a bit particularly the eyes

Love the setting and framing Worth working on the grass over the eye, not an easy fix but one that is totally doable !!! Big Congrats on this one !!!!

Ken Watkins
06-24-2008, 07:11 AM
A great shot, as everyone has said it is a pity about the grass, but that is the nature of wildlife photography!

D. Robert Franz
06-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Great look from the cub but a very busy setting with some really tough light. You did well to get a decent exposure. The subject is centered but the round face is a strong compositional componet and works fine in this situation...

Roman Kurywczak
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,
The grass isn't that bothersome for me as it doesn't intersect the eye and gives the impression of the cub peeking out. For a very busy BG I find it very appealing in this case. Agree with others about lightening the face and eyes of the cub a bit.

Lance Peters
06-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Sorry couldn't help it again - such a great shot :)
Only real quick and dirty fixes could be done a lot better. Selectively lightened eyes sharpened.

Love this shot.

Lance Peters
06-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Sorry couldn't help it again - such a great shot :)
Only real quick and dirty fixes could be done a lot better. Selectively lightened eyes sharpened.

Love this shot.