PDA

View Full Version : American Avocet

Tim Foltz
02-21-2018, 06:31 PM
Canon !DX • 1/3200 • F/7.1 • ISO 640 • handheld • manual

American Avocet in breeding plumage from one of my favorite ponds.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Krishna Prasad kotti
02-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Beautiful breeding plumage colors. Nice reflection. Thanks for sharing

John Mack
02-21-2018, 07:08 PM
Very nice. Love the reflection and the composition here.

gail bisson
02-21-2018, 07:42 PM
I have never seen an avocet in full breeding colors so I am really enjoying this image.
IQ is excellent.
I like the composition that includes the reflection.
I did a browser scroll and think I would crop some off the top to get rid of the black area. Image feels "lighter" if that makes sense,
Gail

Tim Foltz
02-21-2018, 07:44 PM
I have never seen an avocet in full breeding colors so I am really enjoying this image.
IQ is excellent.
I like the composition that includes the reflection.
I did a browser scroll and think I would crop some off the top to get rid of the black area. Image feels "lighter" if that makes sense,
Gail

Thanks Gail, yes it does make sense but I kind of liked the different bands of color :e3

-Tim

Daniel Cadieux
02-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Great looking bird. Both the blacks and the whites are perfectly treated. Details look nice. Good vertical comp and reflection (although not crazy about the "double eye"). I personally find the bright blue stripe too strong...you could tone it down while still retaining the bands of colour.

Isaac Grant
02-21-2018, 10:02 PM
I agree that this is a nice look at one of these beautiful birds. Great breeding colors and a perfect head angle. I find the image a touch dark and agree that I would tone down the blue on top. Also on my screen there is banding in the background above the bird and posterization in the dark areas behind the bird as well. I was just talking about this with someone where I have some shots with very dark backgrounds or very green backgrounds and when I downsize the image I am getting lots of banding.

Allen Sparks
02-21-2018, 11:34 PM
Hi Tim,
A proud looking bird and a nice capture of it. Exposure looks spot on and I like the reflection and composition.
Allen

David Salem
02-22-2018, 02:22 AM
I always love Avocets in breeding colors. Great looking frame of this handsome bird. Nice pose, dark BG and clean details. Well done

Jay Ing
02-22-2018, 10:56 PM
Very nice. Love the colors too. Hoping to catch some here in CA this year... still not seeing it :( Thanks for sharing.

Mike Poole
02-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Simple, but very effective and well executed. These look great in their breeding plumage and everything has fallen just about right here - nice work

Mike