PDA

View Full Version : Small Pratincole in flight

Somdeb Biswas
02-20-2018, 12:05 PM
Every winter these Pratincoles flock near River Mahananda, near Siliguri, West Bengal, India. They fly over the river providing photo opportunities. This shot was taken this winter (Jan '18) in afternoon winter light. This is my first Post on BPN.

(Nikon D500 & Nikon 500 f4 G ED VR) Shutter - 1/3200 seconds, FNumber – 6.30, ExposureProgram - Manual control, ISO – 640, MeteringMode – Spot, White Balance – SUNNY, Focus Mode – AF-C;

I APPRECIATE CRITICISMS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR VIEWING & INPUTS.

Mike Poole
02-20-2018, 12:17 PM
Hi Somdeb, welcome to BPN :wave:

A really nice first post, good flying angle and the wing on the water is a nice touch. I'm guessing you have loads of birds we don't normally see on here, hope you sign up fully and show us more.

Mike

Isaac Grant
02-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Great first post of a species that I love. Pratincoles are just so cool. The are like some combination of martins and plovers. I love the tip of the wing touching the water. In a perfect world it would be nice to have the rear wing a raised up a bit more so we could see the full back and wings and that beautiful pattern. That would have also prevented the tail and the rear wing from being shaded.

Allen Sparks
02-20-2018, 01:01 PM
Hi Somdeb,
Nice catch of a species that I am not familiar with (no surprise there). As Isaac says the pose is not perfect but I think it shows off this beauty quite well. Welcome to BPN!

Noel Heustis
02-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Hello Somdeb - That is an awesome looking bird and I've never seen one either. I like the placement of the subject in the frame and the lowish perspective. Nice first post. Thanks for sharing.

Somdeb Biswas
02-20-2018, 08:35 PM
I am feeling awesome to have your inputs. Thanks, everyone. I intend to sign up fully in near future.
with warm regards,
Somdeb