PDA

View Full Version : red-tailed hawk take-off

annmpacheco
02-19-2018, 08:57 PM
Looks like a western 1st year juvenile, taken with Dave S and Gail B., last month. I settled for this image as the next one has a small clip of the wings and i don't know how to perform that surgery... I like the lone eye, bright and bold as he takes off...

Decreased exposure by .25, sharpened, sharpened head again, added pts of black for contrast, NR...

1Dx
840mm
iso 1600
f 5.6
1/2500

arash_hazeghi
02-20-2018, 02:09 AM
pretty Cool take off frame, I wish for a better near wing position and that he had taken off parallel to the back of the camera. the colors a bit dull and mute for a red tailed, maybe add some warmth and saturation

TFS

David Salem
02-20-2018, 02:30 AM
Great looking frame Ann! Love the intensity of this nice Juvie as he is about to launch. Details look great and I don't mind the wing position at all. I do agree with maybe a bit more warmth and saturation to this one, but otherwise the processing is looking better and better. Well done

gail bisson
02-20-2018, 04:33 AM
Nice and sharp with that great SoCal BG.
You caught him just at launch point. Well done.
I too, feel this could go with more "warmth and I would also selectively brighten the bird,
Gail

Jim Crosswell
02-20-2018, 10:53 AM
I like the take-off pose, details, complimentary BG and composition. Excellent image Ann.

Isaac Grant
02-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Nice one Ann. Great action here. I agree about lifting the exposure. Also I would give a touch more sharpening to the head.

Mike Poole
02-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Another great frame form SoCal Ann, I agree with the comments above, both yours and others! Of course a parallel take off would have been the icing on the cake, but it was not to be - you got all your part right and as you say, the eye does look really nice,

Mike

Allen Sparks
02-20-2018, 01:34 PM
Hi Ann,
I like the intense look of the eye and this take off pose is fine with me. Adding a bit of saturation may be something to try but this is still a very fine image.
Allen

William Dickson
02-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Well done Ann. This is looking real good. That BG was made for a bird like this. Beautiful details and I love that facial expression.

Will

Randy Stout
02-20-2018, 06:55 PM
Ann:

Great look of concentration, color harmony, grip on perch.

In perfect world, wish the head didn't merge with the wing, but the eye draws our attention nicely.

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
02-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Hi Ann, well timed for the pre take off, and love the intent on the face/eye of the RTH. I like how the near wing is fully extended, and thats a really nice smooth BG. Well captured.