PDA

View Full Version : Chaparral Country Club signature hole at sunset

Terry Johnson
02-11-2018, 12:52 AM

Hello, this is an image from this evening of the Chaparral Country Club signature hole at sunset.

Nikon D850
F8
ISO 64
24-70mm @ 24m
1/10
tripod

Your comments please..Terry Johnson:S3:

Don Railton
02-13-2018, 03:16 AM
Hi Terry. You have a terrific sky here and a very nice setting in the FG. All very image worthy, in my opinion anyway. I like the fact that you have not cropped off the arc formed by the ponds edge. I think its important to keep that line intact. None of your processing details have been included, however i feel that you might have lightened the Fg somewhat, which has made the lily pads in the FG a blue grey where I might have expected a blue to black, and the date palms RHS are lacking "depth" in the colours IMHO. Also, the sky behind the tallest 3 palm trees LHS also looks 'patchy', like its been processed in one spot but not in another. I think the edges of any processing need to be feathered a little more than this shows. Is this a composite image? I think probably not..

regards

Don

Don Lacy
02-21-2018, 12:11 AM
Hi Terry, Very nice sky and foreground elements I do think the foreground is off slightly when it comes to the tonal values I would like to see them a little darker.