PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Bald Eagle

gail bisson
02-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Canon 1 DX 600mm
ISO 1600 SS 1/12500 F 6.3
I had a lot of trouble with the comp on this image. I have more room all around as this is ~70% FF. There is an "icky" area in the BG behind the bird so I cropped fairly closely to the tail.
This is a 4 x 6 crop. I tried a 5 x 7 and didn't like it. I would lose IQ if I made this a true vertical. Would appreciate any suggestions with thanks,
Gail

John Whaley
02-06-2018, 10:38 AM
No suggestions needed. Awesome capture, wish it were mine. Love the falling snow. The dark background reinforces the cold and compliments the dark feathers. Looks like you nailed tack focus on the eye and I like the composition with plenty of space for the Eagle to fly into.

Isaac Grant
02-06-2018, 01:44 PM
This is really great all around. I love the dark background and the falling snow. Funny that looks almost exactly like the Great Gray background that I posted. Eagle looks excellent as well with nice details and a great banking pose. I agree with your choice of crop also. Only thing I could suggest is maybe upping the vibrance of the bird a little to see if it makes it stand out just a little more? Not sure it is needed and only a suggestion. I would be thrilled with a frame of Bald Eagle like this one.

Alex Becker
02-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Agree with the above two -- just really nice. I love the banking pose, and the falling snow is great. Just enough to set the scene but not so much that the bird is blocked. This crop works for me. I could see a bit more NR to the BG. TFS

William Dickson
02-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Wonderful I really like the tones on this one and that BG shows the bird real good. Great detail and flight pose. Well done Gail

Will

John Mack
02-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Love the snow here really stands out with that dark background. The composition works as is for me.

Jim Crosswell
02-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Beautiful image Gail! I like the falling snow, banking pose and composition works for me too.

sasan nejadi
02-07-2018, 12:51 AM
Beautiful image and fantastic BG.....TFS

Noel Heustis
02-07-2018, 07:16 AM
Gail - I think the crop you came up with is great...the placement of the subject in the frame feels right and leaves plenty of room for him to fly into (I don't think it needs more room behind the subject). The falling snow is great, but the detail on the wings is awesome! Thank you for sharing.

arash_hazeghi
02-13-2018, 02:00 AM
Excellent frame Gail, love the wing span and snow, good exposure and details too.