02-05-2018, 11:42 PM
Canon 1DMKIII • 500 mm • 1/2000 • f/5.6 • ISO 320 • handheld • manual

This ones from a few years back.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Eric Dienesch
02-06-2018, 03:20 AM
Hello,

very nice pic.. i like the circumstance, that the osprey and the fish are looking in your direction, the sharpness is in the right point and the wings are great; the light ist good, even with the shadow on the neck of the bird.

PS:
But With manual you do not mean manual focussing ?

Tim Foltz
02-06-2018, 03:24 AM
Hello,

very nice pic.. i like the circumstance, that the osprey and the fish are looking in your direction, the sharpness is in the right point and the wings are great; the light ist good, even with the shadow on the neck of the bird.

PS:
But With manual you do not mean manual focussing ?

Hi Eric, what I meant by manual is SS, ISO and f/stop, thanks for the comments.

-Tim

gail bisson
02-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Nice one Tim!
I love the fact that the fish is facing the viewer and the water drops always add to the image.. Far wing position is terrific.
I would like a bit more room behind and above the osprey .
The shadow on the neck is OK. It does allow for the head to be highlighted but in a perfect world it would not be there.
I would also (if you are OK with cloning) remove the small rusty colored oval blob that is in the water at the edge of the wave- easy housekeeping issue and certainly not a deal breaker,
Gail

John Whaley
02-06-2018, 10:12 AM
Osprey in flight are my favorite subjects. Great timing on this one. I agree with Gail's comments below. Like the direct eye contact, water drops and far wing position.

Noel Heustis
02-07-2018, 03:37 PM
Tim - very nice action you caught here. I love that you were close enough to get the details in the trout's face and the water droplets. The Osprey looks great and that's a nice wing position. Thanks for sharing.