PDA

View Full Version : Preening harrier

arash_hazeghi
02-05-2018, 02:59 AM
I am usually not a fan of cluttered environment but I liked this shot because it shows the habitat and it is also rare to see and get close to a harrier that is perched or standing on the ground. This female juvenile was quite friendly and receptive. I also like how the small weed has been caught in her tail feathers. Hope you like it

Nikon D5 and 200-500 VR F/5.6 1/2500sec ISO 800. hand held. Processed with C1 Pro

sasan nejadi
02-05-2018, 03:31 AM
hi Arash , congratulation for your new camera , and of course we are waiting for much better special photos:cheers:

John Whaley
02-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Wonderful capture. The IQ is high and tack sharp. I like the interesting pose, the feather in the beak and the raised tail feathers. Stick is a bonus. You have come over to the dark Side?

Alex Becker
02-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Wow what a treat to get so close to one on the ground. With a cool pose too. I also like the stick in the tail feathers. Was this using a blind? Hope you're enjoying the Nikon gear and interested in hearing your thoughts / processing workflow. TFS

Tim Foltz
02-05-2018, 11:37 PM
Arash, nice image, I would prefer more room on the left but that's me. Nice details, BG and environment.

-Tim

Jay Ing
02-06-2018, 02:22 AM
Nice 1. Hope you're lovin' the new gear. BTW, C1P only on this? Some PP changes or just saving time?

arash_hazeghi
02-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Wow what a treat to get so close to one on the ground. With a cool pose too. I also like the stick in the tail feathers. Was this using a blind? Hope you're enjoying the Nikon gear and interested in hearing your thoughts / processing workflow. TFS

Hi Alex, no blind I was on foot. I am developing my workflow for Nikon, C1 P gives the best results over all

best

arash_hazeghi
02-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Nice 1. Hope you're lovin' the new gear. BTW, C1P only on this? Some PP changes or just saving time?

Hey Joel, converted the RAW in C1 then PS and the usual flow, for some images C1P can take care of the last two steps too, if NI is not needed.