PDA

View Full Version : Repeating subjects - more experimenting

Randy Stout
02-01-2018, 08:15 PM
This pair was captured last summer. I generally don't post an image with OOF subjects in the frame, but liked the repetitive poses, detail on the front bird.

D4 600VR f/6.3 1/400s ISO 1000

Cropped a bit from left ( tail was just barely clipped on front bird), cleaned up a few faults in the water.

Appreciate your honest opinion about whether this works for you or not. Won't hurt my feelings, just trying new stuff. Must be the long winter is starting to get to me!

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
02-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Hi Randy, works for me. I think the only way juxtaposition images work are when the birds have very similar poses. Perfect techs as always. Thank you for sharing.

annmpacheco
02-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Hi Randy,

not for me bc the OOF loon is too prominent, also the "ghosting outline" exaggerates the bird, also the specular highlights on the neck again stand out... Ive been spoiled by your images and so, I am left wanting to see the entire bird in front... Love the pattern of water drops on the loon's cheek! Spring is 7 weeks away! TFS

Allen Sparks
02-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Hi Randy,
this works for me as something different than the lone bird shot. Nice details, etc on the front bird.
Allen

Ákos Lumnitzer
02-02-2018, 02:26 AM
Hi Randy
So many dust bunnies!! Man what is happening???
I love the dual heads in the frame, love the angle.
I am a great admirer of your loons. :)