01-31-2018, 10:03 AM
nikon d 810
500 mm

Randy Rimland
01-31-2018, 03:57 PM
looks like a post card, great composition and dof

Daniel Cadieux
01-31-2018, 04:15 PM
Another nice toucan on a beautiful perch. I do miss seeing the tail, even if only a little bit of it.

Isaac Grant
01-31-2018, 10:07 PM
Nice one Stu. Great background and you have captured the bird nicely. Great perch. The bird looks to have a blue cast and is a bit dark. Also this may sound weird but this almost looks too perfect. Maybe I am off but I have the feeling that this was a set up and something just seems a touch unnatural about it with the hanging moss and that funky looking plant.

Paul Burdett
02-01-2018, 01:50 AM
Stuart, I'm jealous that you have these beautiful birds in your area...nothing similar here in Brisbane. I really like the composition. As to being a "setup"...if that's the case I have no problem with it. Canadian photographer Glen Bartley has similar style branches. If I had to nitpick then the sliver of blown out highlight on the top of the beak is a little distracting. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

gail bisson
02-01-2018, 07:23 AM
I quite like the set-up.
Great BG colors.
I would trim the little bit of moss on the bottom of the frame and remove the little bit moss peeking out of LHS to tidy up and clone out the white circle at the base of the plant. I am sure it is natural but I spotted it right away and kept looking at it wondering what it was as oppesed to looking at the toucan.
Image is dark overall so I would brighten the bird.
I too, miss seeing the tail but I like the great view of the feet,
Gail

Jay Ing
02-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Lovely. Not sure if this was what Gail was talking about, but I'd clone out the moss that reaches all the way down to the edge of the bottom edge. Maybe the dark clump of moss/leaf? beneath him to the left - other than that... really like this one a lot. Thanks.