PDA

View Full Version : Theme Semipalmated Plover

Juan Tolentino
01-24-2018, 10:51 PM
I captured this image in Fort Myers, Florida with the Nikon D500 Handheld and Nikkor AF-S 200-500 at 500mm
ISO 400
f5.6
1/3200
Manual Mode
Processed on LR and PS.
Cropped less than 25%.

All C & C's will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

JT

Tim Foltz
01-25-2018, 01:44 AM
Juan, very nice, I like everything about this but I wish there was some catchlight in the eye though.
I guess sometimes you just can't have everything.

-Tim

Randy Stout
01-25-2018, 08:14 AM
Juan:

Great POV, makes him look pretty tall! Well exposed, effective dof.

Agree about the catch light. Did you do anything to the pupil? It looks a bit more distinct than I would expect based on the overall lighting, etc.

Not bad, just curious.

Randy

annmpacheco
01-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Juan,
I agree with the look of the eye, seems too bright...Sure is a pretty frame, nicely processed and beautiful BG, tack sharp.TFS

Raybel Robles
01-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Very nice, I like the low POV and the superb details on the bird. It is pin sharp, that 200-500mm always amazes me. I do agree with lifting the shadow on the eye, it is way too dark. You can add a catch light to it, if you wish of course.

gail bisson
01-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Great BG, POV and IQ. I wish there was a catch light in the eye and that your crop was a bit looser. I find the bird too large in the frame for my taste.
Exposure looks good.
Gail

Glenn Pure
01-25-2018, 08:31 PM
I do like this one a great deal, Juan. Great POV, setting, background and pose. Really lovely detail in the white feathers too. I can't comment on the eye as not a species known to me. No nits from me on this one.

Mike Poole
01-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Beautiful colours on this one, and the ultra low framing appeals to me, especially with the small pebbles in the shot. Nice slight walking pose rounds off a fine shot

Mike

Juan Tolentino
01-26-2018, 09:16 PM
Thank you all for the comments and critiques. Yes, I tried to work on the eye since it was really dead. I liked everything about the image except the eye, but, for some reason I decided to posted anyway. I was more creative on the repair technique this time with the repost and I think it came out OK. Please let me know what you think, I'm looking forward to your comments. Thanks again.

Mike Poole
01-27-2018, 05:34 AM
Thank you all for the comments and critiques. Yes, I tried to work on the eye since it was really dead. I liked everything about the image except the eye, but, for some reason I decided to posted anyway. I was more creative on the repair technique this time with the repost and I think it came out OK. Please let me know what you think, I'm looking forward to your comments. Thanks again.

Works for me Juan:cheers: