Sigurjon Einarsson
01-24-2018, 05:39 PM
Nikon D4, 500mm f4+TC 14 e III
ISO 800, f8, 1/1000

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7388/27954070096_076ea98e83_b.jpg

Randy Stout
01-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Sigurjon:

Lovely image of a lovely bird, with low shooting angle, silvery blue water, prey item and nice head angle.

i might consider darkening the pupil just a bit, will really make the eye pop a bit more. When was this taken, and where?

I have been known to take a few loon images, and am always especially interested in other species of loons.

Cheers

Randy

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Sigurjon:

I have been known to take a few loon images, and am always especially interested in other species of loons.

Yes, you are a little Loon(e)y Randy!!! :D :D :D

I agree about the pupil. I generally slightly darken pupils for that very reason, unless they show enough definition without me having to do so.
Overall, the image has an almost monochrome feel, except for the brown neck colouring, which is wonderful.
The fish's S shape also adds interest.
I would be very stoked to capture something like this.
Well done!

Sigurjon Einarsson
01-25-2018, 03:37 AM
Sigurjon:

Lovely image of a lovely bird, with low shooting angle, silvery blue water, prey item and nice head angle.

i might consider darkening the pupil just a bit, will really make the eye pop a bit more. When was this taken, and where?

Cheers

Randy

Thank you Randy for taking the time and comment on my image. I will consider it about the pupil.
This image is taken in Iceland about 110 km north of Reykjavik.

Sigurjon

Sigurjon Einarsson
01-25-2018, 03:58 AM
[QUOTE=I agree about the pupil. I generally slightly darken pupils for that very reason, unless they show enough definition without me having to do so.
Overall, the image has an almost monochrome feel, except for the brown neck colouring, which is wonderful.
The fish's S shape also adds interest.
I would be very stoked to capture something like this.
Well done![/QUOTE]

Thank you Ákos

gail bisson
01-26-2018, 09:52 AM
Love the "silvery feel" of this image with the hint of blue on the top.
Great POV.
I love the fish and the lines created by it. Very nice,
Gail