PDA

View Full Version : Sandhill Cranes Silhoutte

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-24-2018, 11:27 AM
This image was taken at Crane Ponds, Bosque Del Apache, NM

I like taking silhouette images as cranes parachuting and landing on to the pond.

Nikon D500, 500mm f/4 + 1.4x TCII
ISO 1250, f/5.6, 1/500 sec
Matrix Metering, Manual Mode

Minimal Post processing, un cropped Image

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

William Dickson
01-24-2018, 01:47 PM
You have sure done well with these shots Krishna. This one is also looking good, with all birds showing the same type of flight pose. Love the BG colours. Good work.

Will

Simon Davis
01-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Yes I think this works well. The silhouettes stand out clearly against the background and are good poses. I'm not overly keen on the top left corner but I think it's just seeing it against the white forum background.

Daniel Cadieux
01-24-2018, 04:56 PM
I like the concept here, and the sky looks good with the clouds in there. I just feel that the birds are too high in the frame, especially the top one. I'd be tempted to raise the WB quite a bit as my brain tends to think the silhouettes should not be so dark and solid with the sky still this bluish colour.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-24-2018, 09:23 PM
It definitely needs more room on the left and above.
I am not familiar with those birds or the conditions you experienced.
While Daniel is most likely on the money with his comment, I don't mind the birds as complete silhouettes!
TFS

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-24-2018, 10:50 PM
I like the concept here, and the sky looks good with the clouds in there. I just feel that the birds are too high in the frame, especially the top one. I'd be tempted to raise the WB quite a bit as my brain tends to think the silhouettes should not be so dark and solid with the sky still this bluish colour.

I agree reposting the image with changing White Balance.