PDA

View Full Version : Wilson's Plover

John Mack
01-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Wilson's plover overcast light. Image adjustments in Lightroom and Photoshop. Added canvas behind and below.

Hand held, small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 800
f5.6
1/1000sec

Randy Stout
01-19-2018, 05:14 PM
John:

wonderfully low POV, makes him look very impressive. Nice colors, sand on bill exposure.

You can further increase the sense of your low angle by cropping a bit off the top if you want.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
01-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Lovely muted colors, great POV, good detail. I wonder if just a few points of black added to the neutrals might give him a little more pop. Might be worth a try, but might destroy the nice sepia tones in this.

Glenn Pure
01-19-2018, 06:22 PM
Wow, beautiful John. Perfect for the low POV theme. The colours in this are really lovely and excellent detail. That dark eye really draws attention and helps make this one for me.

Isaac Grant
01-19-2018, 07:58 PM
Very nice low perspective. Good pose with a great color palette. Bill is correct about the bird. It looks thin and needs some more depth to bring it to life. I have seen these many times and never seen one that was so pale like this. You need to bring out more of the sandy brown color in the birds back. I'm sure it is from the overcast light but you have a bit of a cast on the whites that I would try and remove.

Raybel Robles
01-19-2018, 11:38 PM
Nice low angle POV. Agree with the above comments, add a bit more dark to the bird and cropping from top should help the image a lot. TFS