Jonathan Ashton
01-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Canon 1DX Canon 100-400 L IS II ISO 1250 1/2500 sec f7.1
ACR + PSCC
Image taken on the Farne Islands 2017
All comments welcome.

Daniel Cadieux
01-18-2018, 12:02 PM
A beautiful image. Good perch, BG. I'd crop just enough at right to eliminate the small bit of OOF stuff at the bottom, and add that amount back at left (if you have it). Awesome details!

Stu Bowie
01-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Hi Jon, super pose here, and overall, you have nailed the exposure. I like the hint of rain drops in the BG. I would move the puffin back to the RHS a touch.

Isaac Grant
01-18-2018, 10:18 PM
Sweet looking Puffin image. I like the perch and how it looks against the green. Very nice details. I agree with Daniel and Stu re taking some off the right and adding to the left. Also the bird seems a touch thin to me. Don't think the black is black enough and the whites have a blue cast to them on my screen.

David Salem
01-19-2018, 02:03 AM
very nice Jon. Love the pose and the nice BG colors. I agree about the comp suggestion but the whites look ok to me. Well done

Randy Stout
01-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Jon:

Nice pose, environment, details. Do agree about the crop, and even a sliver more below if you have it.
I get Issac's point about the blacks, and believe you could adjust the black adjustment in both the red and green channel just a bit without blocking , and give the image a bit more bite.

Cheers

Randy

Isaac Grant
01-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Hey Randy could you please explain whey you would adjust the black in the red and green channel as opposed to just in the blacks? Advantages and disadvantages?

Jonathan Ashton
01-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Isaac, I don't see blue in the whites. Regarding Randy's comment I would think the answer would be along these lines:- because RGB includes blue and plumage is primarily black and it is the black you think is not dark enough - and you don't want to introduce blue, that is what I would deduce anyway.
Randy/Isaac I see what you mean about the blacks but the darkest go to 10RGB so I am happy with them.

Raybel Robles
01-19-2018, 11:51 PM
Sweet details and pose on this frame. Agree with moving the bird a bit of the center to the right. White looks good to me aswell, no hint of blue. Agree with Isaac tho, about adding a bit more black to the black feathers.