PDA

View Full Version : yellow eye ash viper

stuart wanuck
01-17-2018, 08:22 PM
nikon d 810
300 mm f 4

Jonathan Ashton
01-20-2018, 09:32 AM
I can imagine this was rather less than easy to photograph Stuart. Getting what may regarded as an ideal pose would I imagine take some considerable skill time knowledge and patience. I like the colours in the snake and the eyes and nostrils are sharp I find the image a little awkward to interpret accurately I can't work out if the pink areas are undersides of the snake or it is actually coiled around something.
The background is slightly uneven in colouration I suspect this is due to processing rather than actuality because it is very delineated. (??)
I hope this doesn't sound too negative because I do find it a very interesting image.
BTW how big is this snake??

Steve Maxson
01-21-2018, 01:19 PM
Hi Stuart. I like the head-on view and you have very nice sharpness around the "face" where you most need it.

Jon - this is a relatively small snake. The ones I have seen in Costa Rica are around 18 inches (45 cm) in length.

Glenn Pure
01-23-2018, 08:32 PM
Colour palette here is so striking and you have detail in the critical area around the eye and head. I'm trying to figure out what the snake is wrapped around - presumably part of a plant. Background is great and really helps this one pop. A very punchy image.