PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Owl at sunset

Isaac Grant
01-15-2018, 10:36 PM
Here is another frame of the Snowy Owl from Staten Island. Unfortunately I have not seen it in over a week so it may have moved on. I am trying my hand with the new size limits so hope the details look as good at this size as they do in the original high res frame. We all may need a bit of fine tuning to find the sweet spot to sharpen for this size. This was cropped to vertical. Photo taken in the final moments of sweet evening light before the sun set. Background color was as shot, only reduced the yellows in the bird a bit.

Canon 1DX mark ii and Canon 500 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. ISO 1250, SS 1/1600, F6.3. Processed in DPP 4.7 and PS.

arash_hazeghi
01-16-2018, 12:56 AM
details and exposure look great Issac, the site has come to life after the posting size increase

if mine I'd clone out the small bright reflective branch in the lower left corner of the frame

TFS

sasan nejadi
01-16-2018, 01:36 AM
Beautiful shot ,The light and angle are good, but the bird's feet are masked and that's not good

Bill Dix
01-16-2018, 09:43 AM
A handsome shot, with great light and exposure. I like this crop better than an earlier one that had a log on the right (I assume this is from the same outing?) Looks good at the larger size, but I agree some fine-tuning will be needed by us all. In this case I wonder if just a hint more sharpening would help.

Raybel Robles
01-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Beautiful image, lovely warm colors! I would love to see another version with a close portait from just above the chest. I think it would make a very nice image as well.

William Dickson
01-16-2018, 02:53 PM
Very nice indeed. Love the POV and the lighting. Nice feather detail and a fab facial expression.

Will

gail bisson
01-16-2018, 03:09 PM
The light is amazing and that BG superb. I might take a sliver off the bottom (personal taste).
I would also burn the brighter grass in the LLC,
Gail

Robert vanMierop
01-16-2018, 09:20 PM
Very nice light on this one. Some extra room at the top. If he moved on, maybe he came down here to Florida...I wish.

Giovanni Frescura
01-17-2018, 03:14 AM
It is wanderful..and detail and light ok...for me a bit too much space under...Thanks for the image

David Salem
01-17-2018, 10:19 PM
Man what a gorgeous frame this is Isaac. That evening light is just killer and I love the fact that you got the eyes fully lit as owls can be tricky unless they are looking straight into the Sun. This is definitely something you might want to print. Definitely has some sex appeal :)Well done.