PDA

View Full Version : Theme Tug Of War... Black-bellied Plover

Joseph Przybyla
01-14-2018, 07:35 AM
I captured this image on Alligator Point, Panacea, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/1250 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 450
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018, removed some specular highlights on the bill, worm, and legs
Cropped for composition and presentation

Randy Stout
01-14-2018, 08:55 AM
Joe:

Like the angle in frame, POV, tugging on the worm.

On my monitor, just a bit of a green cast throughout the image, plus the whites on the rump are a bit hot and have lost some detail.

I did a minor tweak on the color balance, and ran a multiply layer on the rump whites.

I know you are very good about color casts, so perhaps you will prefer your original, but I find color casts one of the hardest things to see in your own pictures, esp. after working on them for a while.

The water has an interesting texture in close.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
01-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Joe:

Like the angle in frame, POV, tugging on the worm.

On my monitor, just a bit of a green cast throughout the image, plus the whites on the rump are a bit hot and have lost some detail.

I did a minor tweak on the color balance, and ran a multiply layer on the rump whites.

I know you are very good about color casts, so perhaps you will prefer your original, but I find color casts one of the hardest things to see in your own pictures, esp. after working on them for a while.

The water has an interesting texture in close.

Cheers

Randy

Hi Randy, this image was captured a short while after sunrise, maybe the quality of light at that time has something to do with the green color cast you are seeing. When I look at your edit and compare to mine I see the green cast in the background/water. I think the water at the time I captured this image was the color in my original post. Thank you for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.