PDA

View Full Version : Theme How low #2

dankearl
01-12-2018, 12:25 AM
Greater Scaup.
iso1000, f7.1, 500mm, D610, 1/1250

610_8945npn.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173464&stc=1&d=1515734655)

Randy Stout
01-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Dan:

I have always liked the look of scaups, and find them not particularly shy, so can craft some fun images like this one.

Low pov, good dof on bill and eye.

I could see a version with one of the reflected 'eyes' removed, and perhaps cropped to move the bird a sliver more to the right of the frame, as we view it.

I might try to open the shadows on his right side a bit, if the noise will tolerate it.

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
01-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Hi Dan, were you using a snorkel in the water for this perspective - great view, and a great choice for the monthly theme. Well exposed on the head, love the purple sheen, great eye, and I do like the bow wave. Another vote for removing one of the reflective eyes.

David N Smith
01-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Excellent shot Dan. I like the POV and agree with the removal of the reflected eye.

Bill Dix
01-12-2018, 04:18 PM
A fine shot with wonderfully low POV and great bow wave. The lighting on the bird, against a somber background, is lovely. Another vote for Randy's suggestions.

Glenn Pure
01-13-2018, 04:23 AM
Dan, hope the camera and lens didn't take too long to dry out after this! The texture here is really lovely to my eye. Happy to accept more experienced view that the double eye reflection should go but it doesn't bother me greatly. Also love that band of blue across the image and bird. TFS.

gail bisson
01-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Nice head on shot with great POV as stated by others.
I like the way the light is shining on the crown and the great DOF you have.
I must admit that I would clone out the lower eye reflection- the 2 eyes in the reflection really pull the eye away.
Another suggestion re: the shadowed side -I would select the area and reduce the blues. This would still leave the shadow there but might show up the whites a bit better.
I feel the image needs a bit of CW rotation,
Gail