PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird

Alex Becker
01-11-2018, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

Another bluebird from my backyard setup this time in more overcast lighting. Very minor edits, full frame, warmed the frame a bit.

Camera: Nikon D500
Lens: 200-500mm f/5.6 at 460mm
Specs: 1/800 ISO 1250 f/5.6

Thanks for looking and commenting on prior posts!
Alex

dankearl
01-12-2018, 12:18 AM
What a treat!
I would go with a vertical crop if you can, but great image...

annmpacheco
01-12-2018, 09:59 AM
love this Alex, sweet! well done

Randy Stout
01-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Alex:

I agree with Dan about the vertical crop. The branch would would 'work' the diagonal of a vertical crop very nicely.

Sharp, nice angle in frame, interesting perch.

I might consider shooting 1/2 strop or more off max. aperture to improve dof and IQ in some cases. Looks like you had enough light to work with , esp. with the D500.

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
01-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Hi Alex, brilliant IQ, and I like the light in this. Im fine with the traditional comp, but would just take a bit off the RHS.

Glenn Pure
01-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Beautiful shot of a wonderful bird, Alex. I agree with Stu on the comp and am happy with going wide - but I happen to favour that normally. Perfect background, detail is excellent and rendering looks great without knowing what these look like in real life. Love the perch too.

gail bisson
01-13-2018, 02:57 PM
What a sweet image!. I like your comp.
Great light and color palette.
IQ is excellent.
You state that this is a full frame image so you were nice and close with your set-up so I would make sure I had an aperture of 7.1 to 8. It really helps make an image more "defined". You would only gain 1/4" at most with your DOF but being at a higher aperture really "tightens" thing up and gives better IQ ( although the IQ here is excellent). Try it! You will see what I mean,
Gail

Alex Becker
01-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Thanks all -- really appreciated. I'll look at some of the different crops suggested. I need to get better with switching to vertical in the field as well. Agree about stopped down a bit more, brain fart here, but got relatively lucky with the berries all being pretty much in the same line. Thanks again,