PDA

View Full Version : Please help with P.S

Jeni Williams
06-23-2008, 02:38 AM
I was given advice for photos posted. I have been reading up but I just don't know how to do them... please could someone help.
(I have only just started P.S.)............:confused:

"Here you might be able to do a layer and multiply applying the effect to the whites only. Might have to try it more than once !!!"

"Would try blending layers to bring back detail or better doing two conversions from RAW (linear/regular"
Thanks in advance.

Fabs Forns
06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Jeni,

To the fist question, there's a tutorial in the Edu Resources Forum that describes exactly how to do that. Under "Saving the Whites"

As for the second, it means converting one darker than the other and masking. Not sure if this may be too much fro you, but the technique is also explained in the Edu Forum on Selective sharpening, it tells how to do a layer mask.

Hope this helps!

Alfred Forns
06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Jeni start with the basic and go from there It is good to read the tutorials but don't overload !!

With time you will learn to do all the enhancements and won't even have to think about it !!!

Robert Amoruso
06-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Jeni,

The conversion routine mentioned in one of your posted comments refers to combining a conventional conversion with a linear conversion.

Download the following tutorial from my website for all the details on how this is done. It is a tutorial I give my workshop participants.

http://wildscapeimages.com/extra/WSI_Recovering%20Highlights%20in%20Digital%20Image s_0.pdf

The first comment is discussed in the thread Fabs mentions at http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=834. About 1/2 way down is the discussion she refers to.

If you have any other questions, just return to this thread and ask them.

Jeni Williams
07-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Thank you so much - I do appreciate all the answers. Thing is I like to know how to fix before I post the next one!!! But am learning so much, never realised how interesting it all is.