PDA

View Full Version : Hatchery Falls in Winter

Andrew McLachlan
01-11-2018, 02:18 PM
Apologies for my absence lately but a switch of internet service provider at home seems to be preventing me from posting images. I always receive a dialogue box that says I do not have permission to upload images. Therefore, I am trying to see if I can post via the data on my cellphone. Has anybody else experienced a similar issue? My internet is now provided by Xplornet.

Here is an image created at Hatchery Falls in Muskoka, Ontario. We had just come out of a deep freeze with temps of -30 Celsius which helped to create awesome ice along the river banks and at the falls. The deep freeze also allowed for thick ice to form and take on beautiful turquoise tones.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm @18mm
ISO 50
F16 @ 3 seconds
Nikon Neutral Polarizer

Look forward to comments

Don Railton
01-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Hi Andrew.. Happy new Year.! A beautiful crisp scene for me and you have captured the dynamics of the water nicely. I like the leading line set by the FG ice leading up to the top of the falls.. Lots of detail everwhere.. Look forward to more from your winter internet allowing..

Don

Mitch Carucci
01-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Really like the flow and movement of the water blur flowing through the hard crystal ice.

John Mack
01-23-2018, 08:38 PM
Very nice. Low the textures of this. Soft water, sharp ice, snow on the trees.

Andrew McLachlan
01-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Thanks very much guys, greatly appreciated!