PDA

View Full Version : Theme Flolrida Burrowing Owl Fledgling

Joseph Przybyla
01-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Last May in the evening I was on Marco Island, Florida photographing Burrowing Owls and the chicks and fledglings. This fledgling decided to test it wings jumping into the air and flying briefly. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 400mm
1/1600 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1/3 ISO 500 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018, removed a PVC pipe and black nylon rope adjacent and below the left wing as viewed
Cropped for composition and presentation

Alex Becker
01-06-2018, 05:56 PM
Very cool shot. Nice focus and details on the head / body. I like the BG and the extended claw is cool. This might just be my screen but I see a bit of blue in the white on the face, but see what others think. Very nice. TFS

John Mack
01-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Great owl flight shot. Nice green background. Great eyes on these owls.

gail bisson
01-07-2018, 07:28 AM
Head and feet are tack sharp- very nice. I know how hard it is to get these little guys in flight as they jump around and test their wings. I failed miserable when I was shooting them last year so kudos to you!
I did not notice the blue in the whites until I read Alex's post but I think he is right!
Gail

Stu Bowie
01-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Hi Joe, great fun pose, and I like the eye contact. Good DOF on the head and legs/feet, and overall, nice and sharp where it counts.

Daniel Cadieux
01-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Looks great! I do wish for a less centered composition, but super cool flight image of this species. I love the eyes!