PDA

View Full Version : acrobatic yellow-billed tern

greg cowle
01-06-2018, 03:34 PM
I've not seen this sort of image in the forum, so interested to see what if any response it gets. 3 consecutive shots of a yellow-billed tern, stitched together in photoshop to create a sequence. Had to be careful with the reflections, shadows and the line of spray on the water under the 3rd shot, but reasonably happy with the result. Too wide a shot for the individual ones to be compelling, and should have had slightly faster shutter speed, but even with the sluggish frame rate of the 5D3 I think it is amazing how quickly this happens. I think it only caught a twig. The Pantanal.
Canon 5DIII and 70-200IS,
1/1600, f6.3, ISO 250, 200mm.
Greg

John Mack
01-06-2018, 08:13 PM
Very cool. My favorite part of this image is the crocodiles if thats what they are called.

gail bisson
01-07-2018, 07:26 AM
What a surprise to open the thumbnail image and see all the crocs! Good job with the stitching.
I would crop this from the bottom to above your name to get the birds bigger in the frame. I would also take a bit off the top to create more of a pano which would suit the image well.
I just wish the croc in the FG was in focus.
TFS,
Gail

Randy Stout
01-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Greg:

Very interesting shot, tells the story nicely. I would certainly consider shooting at a higher ISO to get a bit more shutter speed . Perhaps you were set up to do non moving subjects, and were going for maximum image quality when this sequence happened.

Good comments from Gail. The crocs def. add interest.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
01-07-2018, 02:35 PM
How cool is that! I love the crocodiles. Since this is a composite image I'm going to go ahead and move it to the "Out of the box" forum.

Mitch Carucci
01-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Great stitch! It looks so natural. Good fit for the OOTB forum. I hope to see more creative images like this in the forum.
Thanks for posting it!

greg cowle
01-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Thanks all for looking and the comments. The crocodilians are yacare caiman.
Greg