PDA

View Full Version : Someone has to go next...

gail bisson
01-06-2018, 10:51 AM
...after Sasan's killer image below!:bg3: I will take one for the team!
I took this last week. Had some nice light which was great.
Canon 1 DX
600mm
ISO 800 SS 1/3200 F7.1
Cropped by ~ 20% so 80% FF. Usual LR sliders then CS for levels, a touch of NR and some DE/TC at 8% on the wings and belly.
I also (for the first time ever) flipped the image as I found it more pleasing to have eagle flying "out of the page"
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
01-06-2018, 11:05 AM
It's eagle time in Nova Scotia... lovely image. Perfect wing position, background and techs. Thank you for sharing, Gail.

Mike Poole
01-06-2018, 11:11 AM
Ha, ha, and a **** fine rebuff to the 'Killer Kestrel' !

Can't think of any negatives for this one Gail, fantastic light, great wing position, beautiful details, and a wonderful flight angle. Top marks from me

Mike

sasan nejadi
01-06-2018, 11:25 AM
all of your photos are beautiful And I enjoy them .....TFS

Jay Ing
01-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Yes, as always a great shot Gail. The "team" thanks you! :)

p.s. I posted a couple re-frames on the Snow Goose per your earlier input... let me know your thoughts on my thread. Cheers -

Raybel Robles
01-06-2018, 11:56 AM
Beautiful image. Lovely details and great wing position. I do feel for my taste that the bird is a bit too tucked into the bottom left corner a bit on the frame?

Isaac Grant
01-06-2018, 11:59 AM
Had me laughing Gail. This is great. Image quality is fantastic and love the wing position and the bird against the sky with clouds. This one holds its own against any shot. All of your images are special and something for us to aspire to.

Graham Wilkes
01-06-2018, 12:29 PM
A fabulous sharp detailed flight shot, love the wing position and colour of the sky, with just a ribbon of light cloud.
The bird is magnificent, in great light with no shadows.
Gail this is a killer frame.

Graham.

Randy Stout
01-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Gail:

Very nice techs, light, pose, subtle clouds in the bg add greatly to the sense of depth and 'value' of the background.

There really is something to the fact that we read left to right, and I do occ. flip an image as well. It somehow just seems 'right' to the brain, on a very basic level.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Dix
01-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Sweet light, perfect flight angle and wing position, excellent exposure, great hint of clouds. What's not to like. Comp works just fine for me. I never think to flip a frame, but this certainly looks right to me (no pun intended).

Alex Becker
01-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Lovely light details BG with the cloud. Nice exposure as well. Really no nits from me. Got a laugh out of the title as well but as others have said this shot certainly can hang with the best of them! TFS

Stu Bowie
01-07-2018, 08:34 AM
Hi Gail, another killer image from your home town. Great flight pose with the raised wings, take sharp, and the exposure is certainly spot on. Love the light, and the hint of clouds in the sky rounds the image off nicely. Well captured.

Geoffrey Montagu
01-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Great flight capture, Gail. Excellent wing position, nice rich detail, and beautiful pinkish hint of clouds.

Geoffrey

https://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (https://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Daniel Cadieux
01-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Fantastic!! I love the cloud adding interest to the sky. Nice fully raised wings, with great texture to the feather layers. I too never think of flipping an image, something to keep in mind for the future.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Wonderful image Gail! I love it lots and don't mind the bird's position so far back in the frame, strangely.

David Salem
01-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Fantastic shot Gail! Love the perfect pose showing both the top and underwing beautifully. Awesome details and exposure too. The light angle was perfectly lined up for this solid eagle frame. I would love to have a frame like this in my files. Well done and see ya soon!

Jim Crosswell
01-08-2018, 08:31 PM
Beautiful image Gail! I like the exposure, details, IQ and composition. Hope the storm wasn't too bad up there.