PDA

View Full Version : kestrel

sasan nejadi
01-06-2018, 02:10 AM
canon 1DX MKii - 600 F4 ii - Extender 1.4 iii - iso 800 - f7.1 - 1/3200 - Exp (+1/3) - hand held in car

Hope you like it

Isaac Grant
01-06-2018, 02:27 AM
OK. I quit!!! Time to hang it up. This is amazing. It's perfect. Everything is perfect. The pose, wing position, head angle, feather detail and against that background! You couldn't have possibly done better. A shot like this is exactly why 14 fps is so important to capture peak action. My hats off to you. Congrats on what is probably the best take off shot I've ever seen. I'm so looking forward to what else you can capture with the 1dx2. Every one of us that has a passion for bird photography dreams of a shot like this. I'm so happy for you.

greg cowle
01-06-2018, 02:39 AM
Brilliant shot Sasan, (and kudos for a fabulously enthusiastic review by Isaac).
Love the red on the beak (in a addition to everything already cited above).

Greg

Dylan Maithonis
01-06-2018, 03:08 AM
Amazing shot. I love everything about it!

sasan nejadi
01-06-2018, 03:19 AM
OK. I quit!!! Time to hang it up. This is amazing. It's perfect. Everything is perfect. The pose, wing position, head angle, feather detail and against that background! You couldn't have possibly done better. A shot like this is exactly why 14 fps is so important to capture peak action. My hats off to you. Congrats on what is probably the best take off shot I've ever seen. I'm so looking forward to what else you can capture with the 1dx2. Every one of us that has a passion for bird photography dreams of a shot like this. I'm so happy for you.

Hi Isaac , Thank you for your energetic comment

gail bisson
01-06-2018, 06:57 AM
This is superb! I think this early 2018 post may be Image of the Year 2018! Simply superb!
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
01-06-2018, 07:06 AM
Ditto all the previous comments. Lovely image, Sasan. Thank you for sharing.

Jay Ing
01-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Not to bad.

lol. It's a great shot!

Isaac Grant
01-06-2018, 10:34 AM
My pleasure. This is such a good photo that I swear that I had a dream about it last night! Not sure I will ever get to Iran, but if I do, you are taking me in your car to this spot just so I can say I was there :wave:. In New York I do not know of any spots like you have there or they have in southern California where there are raptors that are at eye level and close to the road with perfect backgrounds. I really am envious of that.

Mike Poole
01-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Look like the judges for 'image of the week' can take some time off!

As already stated (and will be stated again I'm sure) this is simply a wonderful image with great light, engaging pose and head turn.

Mike

sasan nejadi
01-06-2018, 11:17 AM
My pleasure. This is such a good photo that I swear that I had a dream about it last night! Not sure I will ever get to Iran, but if I do, you are taking me in your car to this spot just so I can say I was there :wave:. In New York I do not know of any spots like you have there or they have in southern California where there are raptors that are at eye level and close to the road with perfect backgrounds. I really am envious of that.

I wish the distances were less. Photographing in Iran due to the nature of the environment and the fear of birds is a little more difficult than other places, I kept the shutter for 20 minutes!! For this shot, because kestrel unlike most of the time did not fly early.

Raybel Robles
01-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Amazing work! The details on the Kestrel is just perfect and the BG is a killer! Superb stuff man.

Isaac Grant
01-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Wow. 20 minutes. Just goes to show how many shots most would miss by not sticking it out and staying ready. That makes this shot even more impressive knowing that you sat there for 20 minutes ready to strike as soon as the action started. I really think that type of information is super helpful for everyone to know. If possible could you please include some of the back story on future images if you feel it is helpful to know how you got the shot. I know I have missed so many shots over the years by not staying ready to get the shot and missing peak action. I think that is exactly the type of information that we all can take into the filed.

Bill Dix
01-06-2018, 03:54 PM
A killer! My vote for Image of the Year, if I had a vote. Ditto all of the kudos above. I know if it had been me, I would have blinked or sneezed, and taken my finger off the shutter just at this moment.

Alex Becker
01-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Ditto all the above! This is spectacular. This is one of those images thats so well done it makes you want to give and also get out in the field at the same! Very inspiring. The subtle two toned BG is really excellent. Also ditto Bill's comment -- I just know I'd look away for a second or something and this guy would be long gone. TFS

Stu Bowie
01-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Hi Sasan, very well timed to have captured this flight pose. Great eye contact, good DOF on the Kestrel, and tack sharp too. Gotta love the overall light, and thats one killer BG. Very well captured.

Geoffrey Montagu
01-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Remarkably well captured. Agree with all the accolades above. Simply stunning!

Geoffrey

https://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (https://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

sasan nejadi
01-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Wow. 20 minutes. Just goes to show how many shots most would miss by not sticking it out and staying ready. That makes this shot even more impressive knowing that you sat there for 20 minutes ready to strike as soon as the action started. I really think that type of information is super helpful for everyone to know. If possible could you please include some of the back story on future images if you feel it is helpful to know how you got the shot. I know I have missed so many shots over the years by not staying ready to get the shot and missing peak action. I think that is exactly the type of information that we all can take into the filed.

Thank you all friends , I give a brief description of the photograph. There are two or three kastrels in the field where harvesting is carried out ,I'm slowly approaching and turning the car off before I reach the desired location to quietly and quietly,I made the settings for the camera for landing on Arash's article, and after this little chance that the bird will move towards you and, of course, repetition and continuous effort on consecutive days. In my opinion, the choice of the camera in getting such photos will help you a lot and here is 1dxmkii will be the winner
A few shots in just one day

Daniel Cadieux
01-07-2018, 04:39 PM
There is really nothing I can add here, except that this is a gorgeous image. Very well done!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Exceptional image mate! I love it from all angles. Well done and thanks for sharing the making of.....

Krishna Prasad kotti
01-07-2018, 10:15 PM
Beautiful Image. Probably the Best Kestrel Image I have ever seen.

Thanks for sharing.

Glenn Pure
01-08-2018, 05:52 AM
Mmmm, just remarkable. I think it's time I gave up too! I just can't imagine how this could be any better.

David Salem
01-08-2018, 05:40 PM
I shoot a lot of this type of frame so I know just how rare it is to get a good one like this. Love everything about this one!! Well done

arash_hazeghi
01-08-2018, 06:38 PM
A top notch shot by all counts Sasan, thanks for sharing it and glad you found my tips helpful.

the HA, wing position and tail position all perfect here. congratulations

sasan nejadi
01-09-2018, 03:49 AM
thanks dear arash and david and all friends 🙏❤️❤️