PDA

View Full Version : Finally....

Roger Smith
01-05-2018, 04:28 PM
So I know this image is not ideal, the non natural perch, the seed, the distracting out of focus foreground elements. However, it is a bit of a triumph for me as I've been chasing the California Thrasher for an image for years, and finally managed a well exposed image of the bird at least. Anyone else have a bird (or other subject) they are still chasing? In the meantime, I'll be after that nicely perched example.... :-)

Daniel Cadieux
01-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Congrats on finally getting the California Trasher...now good luck on your goal of getting it on a better perch! Trying to get better and better images is one of the fun aspects of this hobby:c3:

Dylan Maithonis
01-09-2018, 04:14 AM
Funny story but this was one of the first birds I photographed (poorly) when I first started photographing birds. 3-4 years later I've yet to see it again.

I'd like to get a clean shot of an American Bittern. The best chance I got at shooting one was when a female didn't see me and flew right at me. If I didn't miss focus it would probably be my best shot of all time.

Roger Smith
01-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Funny story but this was one of the first birds I photographed (poorly) when I first started photographing birds. 3-4 years later I've yet to see it again.

I'd like to get a clean shot of an American Bittern. The best chance I got at shooting one was when a female didn't see me and flew right at me. If I didn't miss focus it would probably be my best shot of all time. Good luck with the bittern Dylan! Look forward to seeing it. My next challenge, Roadrunner!