PDA

View Full Version : Long tailed Tit.

Graham Wilkes
01-03-2018, 12:16 PM
I do find these beautiful quick little birds difficult to photograph.
The background is distant snow lit up by the late afternoon sun.
Thanks for looking all critique welcome.

1/400 sec @ f6.3 in AV +1 Ex Comp.
1SO 640
DPP/PS CC
7D 11
400mm f5.6L USM

Graham.

Raybel Robles
01-03-2018, 07:14 PM
Very beautiful image you have here. Lovely details through out, great clean BG and spot on HA.

Alex Becker
01-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Very cool. I like the pose, details, perch, crop and BG. This is a really pretty bird I've never seen before. I think toning down the highlight in the bottom right could help a bit, but great frame as is. That tail is so cool. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
01-04-2018, 05:29 AM
Lovely shot Graham did you use Nik filter?
The bird looks good but I would suggest a little more detail in the highlights could be had. I would definitely lower the exposure on the perch, there are some lovely colours and textures to be had with the mosses and lichens.
Maybe sharpen the head a little bit more and perhaps consider a faster shutter speed.

Graham Wilkes
01-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Thank you for comments,
Yes I agree toning down bottom right corner and perch improves the image.
Jonathon I used Arthurs 50/50 detail/tonal recipe at only 30% opacity on feathers & 75% on beak, feet, eye & perch.
A faster shutter speed would of helped as hand held, the little blighters fly in quickly, I did up iso/shutter speed on subsequent images.
Only using non calibrated HP laptop screen at the moment.

Graham.

Jonathan Ashton
01-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Thanks Graham - sometimes worthwhile agree usually better to reduce opacity in DE/TC also often helps to use the sliders for highlights and darks at TC stage otherwise they can become clipped.

Jim Crosswell
01-05-2018, 01:27 PM
I like the interesting perch, perfect HA, clean BG and composition. A beautiful little bird, TFS.