PDA

View Full Version : Roseate Spoonbill

Joseph Przybyla
01-03-2018, 09:49 AM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Last March after a dry winter the pools of water were drying up, the fish and crustaceans trapped in the diminishing water were drawing the waders in like a magnet. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400m F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 280mm
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1/3 ISO 280 AWB
Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018
Cropped and canvas added at the top for composition and presentation

gail bisson
01-03-2018, 10:53 AM
Very nice light and downward wing position.
Nice to see some trees in the BG. Whites look good (it is so hard not to blow the whites on the neck).
I am not sure about leaving the 2 little water drops in. If there were more I would say leave them in but with only 2 I might be tempted to get rid of them.
The face is sharp but not "tack sharp". I would do a bit more sharpening.
Gail

Bill Dix
01-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Hi Joe. Great flight pose with good wing position. BG is very nice. Maybe just a touch more sharpening for the whole bird including the head, and perhaps just a touch of brightness on the head?

Joseph Przybyla
01-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Hi Gail and Bill, thank you for viewing and commenting. After reading your comments I revisited the image. My sharpening was on the low end, I increased the sharpening in this repost.

Bill Dix
01-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Looks better to me, Joe. Nice work.

Raybel Robles
01-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Nice work for sure. Great exposure on those feathers. The repost it's much better.

Isaac Grant
01-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Really nice pose you have captured here. I like the foliage in the background. Repost addresses the sharpness. I find the image on the whole a bit dark and the colors muted as well. If mine I would up the brightness and also maybe do a curves adjustment. Easy fix for an already very nice image.