PDA

View Full Version : The Summerhouse

David Cowling
01-03-2018, 09:24 AM
My new years resolution is to post more images on this forum. Taken 3 hours after sunset. The light on the clouds is from light pollution. This summerhouse is built on a river bank close to my home and must receive thousands of shutter clicks a year during daylight hours but strangely not many on cold winter nights.

Canon 7D Mk2. Sigma Art 24mm f1.4 lens.
25s @f2 ISO640

Don Railton
01-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Hi Dave, happy new year.. I do like this for its symmetry, and bravo for getting out on a cold winters night. Interesting subject, can see why its popular. I too hope to post more this year, last was v busy for me and photography took a bit of a hit as a result.. I do see a 'cloud' ( some burn action here?) over the top of the house which is not in the reflection which is a bit of an editing oops, for me anyway.

Don

Andrew McLachlan
01-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Overall a very nice night scene Dave! Lots of light pollution but if you have Nik Viveza try puting a control point on that area and increase the warmth slider...I think it will make the image pop a bit more.

Mitch Carucci
01-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Lovely image and location. Really like it the way it is, but how would it look a bit darker.?

Krishna Prasad kotti
03-16-2018, 01:33 PM
Interesting Image. For me I generally like to avoid having horizons in middle. This one look good though.

Thanks for sharing.