PDA

View Full Version : California Quail 02

Jay Ing
01-03-2018, 12:05 AM
Same Quail as I posted the other day (let's call him "Dan"). I didn't work on this one until after the first but think I like this one better. The perch of the first is more pleasing but I like the color and overall look of this one more. What do you think between these too? C&C welcome and appreciated.

Details: D850+Sigma 500/4, 1/3200, ISO 3200, 7.1, HH, EC -1.0, C1P RAW PP, PS CCC adjustment, final output SS.

Graham Wilkes
01-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Like both images, this one showing beautiful patterns on front of Quail and bird stands out against distant trees.
Exposure looks spot on and good sharpness throughout subject, I would just take a bit off the top.

Graham.

Jay Ing
01-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Interesting, that's what my barber says! :)

Thanks for the comments. I usually try and keep 2x3 so I might just crop a tad then.

Like both images, this one showing beautiful patterns on front of Quail and bird stands out against distant trees.
Exposure looks spot on and good sharpness throughout subject, I would just take a bit off the top.

Graham.

gail bisson
01-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Hi Joel,
Everything looks good but I might tone down the contrast on the bird slightly.(that might open up the blacks a bit)
I would keep the 2 x 3 crop but just make it a bit tighter top and LHS to get rid of the first 2 grasses with the "V" but keep the longer grass. I would also eliminate the white horizontal grass on LHS.
Nice one,
Gail

Bill Dix
01-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Great pose and detail. A lovely shot. I like the way the sweep of grass frames the bird on the left, and the oof green on the right.

Raybel Robles
01-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Great image Jay. I remember seen the same species around in Bosque I believe. But they are way to shy to even try and get a photo. I agree with Gail about adjusting the crop from top and LHS.