PDA

View Full Version : Two Whites

John Cooper
06-23-2008, 02:30 AM
Not a very colourful species but reminded me of two elegant dancers :)

EOS 5, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 50, Flash x2, F22, Tripod.

Alfred Forns
06-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Good detail and exposure Always like how you present the mushrooms, seems simple enough but they are difficult. A shift/tilt would be great for these things !!!

Fabs Forns
06-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Lovely composition and love the way the whites show off against the dark greens.

Roman Kurywczak
06-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi John,
Not the showiest of the mushrooms but they do pop against the BG. The intertwined look does help and as always very well exposed and composed.

Robert O'Toole
06-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Very nice, I really like the comp and the curves in the mushrooms. Interesting shapes of the moss in the BG also.

Robert

Mike Moats
06-24-2008, 06:20 AM
Hey John, I love your shroom shots, but the all white just doesn't work for me. I think its that they have no texture or details when their white. Nice comp and crop.

Bruce Murden
06-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Comp is good, I like the implied movement in the mushrooms. I wonder if you'd get a little more detail out of the mushrooms with a change in the flash. It looks a little hot right now, lots of specular highlights. Perhaps some diffusion material to make the apparent flash size larger (think softbox like portraits), or bouncing flash off a reflector instead of head on. I haven't worked macro with flashes (other than an occasional on-camera pop-up [cheesy, yes I know] for the tiniest amount of fill), so I don't know if you have the room or can turn your flashes to bounce off a reflector for these subjects.