PDA

View Full Version : Theme Killdeer

Jim Crosswell
01-01-2018, 06:27 PM
Here is an image taken in May of 2017. I hope you enjoy it.

Nikon D500
Sigma 150-600 @600mm
ISO 1250
f9
1/2000s
Handheld

John Mack
01-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Great low angle,nice pose on the bird.

Raybel Robles
01-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Woah, that eye!

Lovely photo. The BG colors goes perfectly with the bird. Great pose aswell and low angle. All good here.

Arthur Morris
01-02-2018, 03:52 AM
Pretty much perfect! Love the calling pose and the low angle. Sharp with a perfect exposure and processing. May we assume that a nest was nearby? There have been dozens of these guys down by the lake near my home in central Florida and I cannot get anywhere near them even in the car ...

with love, artie

Glenn Pure
01-02-2018, 05:55 AM
Exceptional work - I love the completely oof foreground and background and feet missing below that. Muted and complementary colour palette adds for me. Great calling pose too. No nits from me on this one.

Jim Crosswell
01-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Pretty much perfect! Love the calling pose and the low angle. Sharp with a perfect exposure and processing. May we assume that a nest was nearby? There have been dozens of these guys down by the lake near my home in central Florida and I cannot get anywhere near them even in the car ...

with love, artie

Hi Arthur. There was about six of them flying around and landing on this gravel road. When I walked over there some flew away but this one kept coming closer to me once I was lying flat on the road. There was no broken wing display but it was the right time of year for nesting so it is possible. I had a Southern Lapwing in Costa Rica that kept coming closer to me as well on a recent trip to Costa Rica. Thanks for the kind comments