PDA

View Full Version : Bluebird

Alex Becker
12-28-2017, 06:34 PM
Hi all,

A bluebird from my feeder setup. Basically straight out of camera with a slight crop from the right and some NR on the background. Had to compress the file a decent bit to get it under 400kb. Hope everyone has had a nice holidays and a happy new year coming up. Happy to be part of this community.

Camera: Nikon D500
Lens: 200-500mm f/5.6 at 420mm
Specs: 1/2000 ISO 1000 f/7.1

Thanks for looking and commenting on prior posts!
Alex

Isaac Grant
12-28-2017, 10:22 PM
That backyard set up is rocking Alex! This is very pretty with the berries and the bird. Background sets them off perfectly. I would tone down the reds of the berries and try and pull a little more details out of the part of the chest/belly that is in the shadows. Also would consider toning down the blues of the birds wing. A good tip is to go to selective color, pick the blues and then increase the cyan about 50-70 points until the blues get toned down.

Glenn Pure
12-28-2017, 10:31 PM
What a beauty, Alex. I love the contrasting colour of the berries and blue on the bird with the perfect soft background to show them off. The strong light has created a lot of contrast but I think it works fine in this show. Oh, forgot to mention that wonderful detail. Nothing I'd change here.

John Mack
12-29-2017, 07:02 AM
Love the colors here. Great image.

gail bisson
12-29-2017, 07:39 AM
I would love this image in my files. We do not get bluebirds here in Nova Scotia.
Love the color palette of the reds and blues.
IQ is excellent. Great BG and perfect head angle.
Light is a bit harsh but not a deal breaker.
If this was mine I would clone out the cut-off berries on the bottom of the frame (to cleanup the edge) but this is not a big deal.
Well done!
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
12-29-2017, 09:16 AM
Nice work, Alex. I agree with cloning out the couple berries in the lower right of the frame. A slight reverse S curve would maybe help the harsh light mentioned. Thank you for sharing.

Jim Crosswell
12-30-2017, 11:06 AM
Excellent image Alex! Great setting, BG, sharpness and composition. I too would do a little pruning up top and bottom right.

Alex Becker
01-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Thanks all -- greatly appreciated. I'll do some pruning, revisit the shadows, and check out the color in the berries and blues. Thanks again, Best,