PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly

Saeid Heidari-Soureshjani
12-27-2017, 12:07 AM
I take this photo with Canon 700D+Canon 55-250mm (handheld, with Auto mode and Auto focus) in Shahrekord-Iran.
This photo was one of my first work in 2016
ISO 400, f 5.6, s 1/2000, 250mm

Steve Maxson
12-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Hi Saeid - Please include your shooting specs (camera, lens, shutter speed, f/stop, ISO, etc.) with your posts. Thanks. :S3: The exposure looks good and the OOF flower heads in the background add context. The sharpest areas are around the head, body and legs - where it should be sharp. The far wings aren't as sharp - you might try a little more selective sharpening there to see if it helps. The edge-on view of the near wings is different than what we usually see in butterfly shots - and I would wish that the front wing wasn't covering part of the butterfly's head. The butterfly is right in the center of the frame - not the best in terms of composition. You might try cropping some from the right and maybe from the to to move it off-center.

Allen Sparks
01-01-2018, 06:30 AM
Hi Saeid, I think Steve makes sound observations and advice above especially concerning the centered composition. Still, this is a nice frame with good exposure and I like the sense of being in the group of flowers with this butterfly.
Allen

John Mack
01-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Great colors here the contrast of blue and yellow work nicely.

Arthur Morris
01-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Howdy and welcome. Great to see you posting here as there is a lot to learn for those who want to. Excellent comment above to which I would add that the light was on the harsh side. And as Steve said, the edge-on view of the near wing is pretty much an image killer.

with love, artie

Jonathan Ashton
01-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Exposure and colours look good but I don't like the butterfly smack dab in the middle. I agree entirely with previous observations made and I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Glenn Pure
01-23-2018, 08:20 PM
I like the idea you had here Saeid. The out of focus flower heads in the background really add to this one. Steve had made comments that I agree with on this one. I look forward to seeing more.